Monday 26 February 2007

Milk

Too tired. I stayed up until 5:30am GMT watching the Oscars streamed online.

Brilliant discovery?
Yes!
Reprocutions?
Unfortunately!

It now appears that Chris can watch Premiership (i.e. soccer in England) matches on here which means I'll be watching a lot of football.

And he's currently watching Fox News (which like Canadians, the British find horrific and acknowledge it is not a good source of news) which is doing a feature on a girl who won't stop hiccuping. My life is spiraling out of control.

In other news, this week I am going to write editors of teen magazines and try to start soemwhere with this writing. I read this awful article in Grazia magazine. It's Britain's No. 1 Weekly Glossy...this caused some dispute over dinner last night because it's perhaps the only one. Anyway, there was an article on WAGs, i.e. wives and girlfriends of football players, and this woman who wanted to be one because of the posh clothes, fancy cars, exclusive parties. It wasn't ironic. It wasn't even suposed to be tragic. This is what she believed and she'll change everything about her appearance to get what she wants. I think I'll start there, writing some sort of counter article to this one, which is something I did throughout university especially in my Women's Studies class, (who would have guessed I had taken one?).

After having typed all of that, Chris kept trying to talk to me about this Italian adverts or tele something or other and I asked him to now disturb me right now and he stormed out of the room like I didn't care about his passions. This channel is going to curse us.

One last bit. Jess, I want to say thank you for reading and if you read the past blogs and come across the one about our tentative magazine idea and have any ideas for something to write, email me!

Another side note: Chris came back in, clean t shirt in hand. Pissed off. Sprayed deodorant. Isn't speaking. Putting on a clean jumper. Not making eye contact. Fixing his hair. Checking his mobile. Still not speaking. Not looking at me either. Checking out the wardrobe. Left the room.

Today is going to be amazing!

No comments: