Sunday 25 March 2007

eating olives in search of

I have a huge bone to pick with the Transport for London. After a great night at Ed's, Christopher and I wait at a bus stop for the number 76. It's a request stop. We see it coming. We both flag out for it. It drives right past us, not full, not dim, not NOT IN SERVICE, it just did not want to pick us up. And this isn't the first time this has happened. It's London, there should be rocket cars that fly us home whenever we want not night buses that come every 48 minutes and don't stop. I was not happy, nor was Christopher.

Aside from the bus mishap, yesterday and evening was fantastic. I went exploring Brick Lane which I had only done I believe twice before and Chris found a chair that I will buy him when we move in just the two of us. I also got mistaken for Kirsten Dunst (how suiting with the celeb look-a-like thingy). Well not officially, but this guy said something to his friend, then I made it really obvious that I don't have an english accent. And Chris felt special that someone would believe that he could be a Hollywood boyfriend. We are silly and but mostly pathetic.

After Brick Lane we went to the Baring to watching Israel play England in a Euro blah blah blah, but I had to leave half way through due to the most annoying Cockney behind us whose laugh is still haunting me. Here is an example of his conversation:

arrrrrr bllluuuu eeeeeehh? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

It was awful. I wish to never speak of it again.

And after all that, we went to Ed's to celebrate Jonah/Alex (same person, two names) birthday. It was very tame, but since we lost an hour, we didn't leave until around 4:30am, and when everyone else decided to go to Soho to get chinese or the likes of, Chris and I thought we'll get the bus and eat something on the way.

What we did eat in the end when we finally did arrive home was green olives and a glass of milk. Try it, it's amazing. I have been known to eat pickles with chocolate milk as well. I like the salty/creamy ratio, and this is the second time I've done that drunk and woken up without a hangover. I was disheartened when there was no cheese however.

And that is the day in the life of me. And for those who don't know what Brick Lane is, it has vintage shops, furniture, bagels, and lots of food. It's very indie, very cool. No we did not wear drainpipes and blunt fringe. We're not those types of cappucino sippers.

No comments: