Thursday 29 March 2007

please

The last post, and this post confirm more and more just how self righteous.

I am, and I will be the first to admit that. I'm only self righteous when it comes to jobs and cool things such as concerts, art, fashion, you know, that irrelevant stuff to most but because I hold materialistic things such as a headband deep within, I take personal offense when I see someone where one badly, or not as good as me. Then I start to rationalize their fashion flair and the fact that they don't have any, or very little because they did innitiate the headband but could not pull it off as well as I do.

bitch bitch bitch (I am referring to myself...)

Last night, a bunch of friends and I went to see the Shins. I'm 22 turning 23 in December. I have been listening to the Shins since the tender age of 17. I was really into them then. I saw Garden State and thought uh oh! It's the same sort of feeling I had when I watched the O.C. Now not to be self righteous and all because maybe it's my age that is preventing me from fully enjoying live bands, or maybe it's the 17 year olds now jamming away and singing along like it ain't no thang, or it could be the annoying Cockneys at the bar who wouldn't shut up, or this is completely pointless to dissect because I'm over it now.

Chris is speaking to his mum on the phone. We are returning to Birmingham this weekend for a birthday extravaganza. The discussion of what to do for dinner was brought up and Chris' mum knows that I am a food seperater i.e. I don't like food touching other food on my plate. But she is going to make a casserole for dinner on Saturday evening and wanted to make sure that I was ok with carrots touching other foods within a bake.

As you can tell, I had to get over being too cool for everything and just lighten up. But I honestly think that I'm done with live gigs for a while. Let's just blame my old age ok? No no, it's because I'm a quietish person and don't like people bouncing along, screaming lyrics and Cockneys talking bollocks in their "cheeky, seedy accents" (as Chris refers to it).

Am I justified at all?

No comments: