Sunday 16 September 2007

sneeze

No idea why, but since we've returned, basically since I stepped foot in our door, I've been sneezing non stop. Chris says my face looks really puffy so I'm thinking it's allergies but I'm sneezing as often as a pregnant woman wees. I'm now annoyed. And we're meeting Chris' parents for lunch today and I'm all sneezy, wheezy, teary, and evidently puffy, however I can seduce them with a bottle of ice wine that my dad bought for them. Chris and I were discussing the day that our parents meet. I'm sure it will happen soon enough, and although the idea isn't entirely horrifying, it's definitely intense.

But yeah, holiday at home is the best kind. I did have my double cheeseburger on the way home, however the best one I had came after a night of drinking with Alessandro. The was the night where Chris fell down a ditch on Decew rd. because he made the taxi driver pull over so he could wee. And I really didn't think we had that much until I woke up at 8am to drive my dad to work and felt like vomiting and dying at the same time. But a nap and a cheeseburger on the way to Toronto solved that problem.

And I saw my family. And when speaking to them I could hear how different I sounded (not solely based on accent, which sometimes made me sound Australian to my fellow Canadian, but moderately English to everyone else), just with life experience etc. blah blah blah. However I'm tired of explaining my job, clients we have, parties we've thrown, celebs I've seen. In fact, the idea of work tomorrow seems far too abstract. And the thought of London as a return to home, not as an abstraction but as a fact is even more far out.

I'm sneezing therefore I'm quitting.

No comments: