Wednesday 19 December 2007

maternal and emotional

We went Christmas shopping tonight after work and this is a bit of a story but I've had these strange cravings to watch Disney films because of this show we watched weeks ago listing off the 100 best family films. Anyway, I bought Dumbo today and I did not expect this to happen. As soon as the movie started with the storks flying and Mrs. Jumbo looking into the air wondering where her baby is, I started absolutely balling. And then Dumbo arrives and I'm ok again. Then those mean elephants start making fun of his ears and that's it. I'm crying on my sofa and I don't stop until "Pink elephants on parade" which by the way, would never happen in a modern child's film (I don't understand drug induced sequences, even still).

When did I become way too emotional? Chris kept looking at me and he didn't know what to do. I kept saying "I think something must have happened to me when I was a child and watched this, there must be some Freudian reason why I can't control this crying". I actually have a headache from crying so much this evening.

No comments: