Wednesday 25 June 2008

chores

Do you have loud neighbours, that play excessively loud music and turn up the base? Who party until 4am then wake you up at 10am to their loud music again, probably as they're cleaning and/or just being selfish, obnoxious, disrespectful?

That's merely a backdrop to what we deal with in our flat block. There is a flat that plays music tediously loudly, which drives Chris and I on to our high horses, of which we comment that we're stand-up citizens with courtesy for the people around up.

Last night, being a Tuesday night, at about 9.30pm we hear some loud noises. I'm trying to focus to figure out what the song is and I think I hear Air. But then it becomes louder and it's Radiohead. Oh perfect, noisy flat (as we refer to) are having some kind of party on a Tuesday. Chris goes on saying that if they can afford to live in our flat block, they must have decent jobs and are clearly playing music this loudly, like being in school halls, as some sort of twenty-something rebellion, with the exact words as 'pathetic' used. I say that beside noisy flat is a flat with I believe two children, who are probably going to bed about now, how unfair to those children, their parents.

"Alright, I get it, you like OK Computer". I shout that out after about half an hour later, music still blasting. Chris and I make further judgmental comments how we would never do this, play music this loudly, with the base turned up, it waffles our flat nearly. But then I stop. And I think for just a second.

Oh right, Radiohead are playing Victoria Park about a mile away from us. UGH....we have transformed into old people, mean people who sit around saying nasty, judgmental things about people. But it's actually Radiohead. And yes, Radiohead obviously do like OK Computer.

Then I kept saying how I wish we had tickets to Wednesday night. I have become my own worst nightmare.

No comments: