Thursday 19 June 2008

permiable

I've just reached a pinnacle stage in my life where I think that I'm actually younger than my parents believe.

I was speaking with my dad on the phone on Sunday and we were discussing some of my friends having babies, and his assistant who is around 21 just having a baby as well and I said 'how would you feel if I was pregnant now?' which I thought was a moderately uneasy question which would cause a bit of panic but he responded 'you're 23, I know that you would be able to take care of baby and be a good mother'. I was shocked. My dad now thinks that I am old enough to have a child and in fact nearly condones it. I personally don't feel ready at all to have a baby even though my maternal instinct is in hyper-drive.

Next, I am going through some turmoil at work as my work visa has currently run out and we're seeking sponsorship however I've had to take a leave of absence and therefore will not be earning over the next few months, that is if this sponsorship can actually come through. Yesterday, quite traumatic however I came home and spoke with my mum who said to just get married. And I replied 'don't you think I'm too young to get married?' and her response true to my parental conform was 'you're 23 and in a loving relationship, you've lived with your boyfriend for a year and a half and intend to get married anyway, what difference does it make if you do it now at city hall then in a few years have a proper wedding ceremony?'

My ultimate question that I doubt I'll ever be able to answer is when did I grow up? Apparently now there really isn't anything that could shock my parents. If I came home and said I was pregnant it would be joyous and if I was married, it would be wonderful. It just seems a bit odd to me. Well I am out of work in the UK for at least 2 months so I"ll have plenty of time to think about it.

No comments: