Monday 7 July 2008

very dull but quite happy

Days of yore.

I think this whole nostalgia thing has a bit to do with my trying to reach Brynn a few nights ago whilst she's in Taiwan and I'm here and realising that we I haven't heard her voice in two years. And realising then how much has changed in that time. And how two years is a bit of a geographic anomaly along with being a timeframe. But ultimately realising that it's tricky to call Taiwan, made even harder when someone leaves their mobile off and a Taiwanese operator speaks to you.

My personal life is nearly perfect, except for being in the throws of a emotionally violent catch 22. I've grown tired of the bureaucracy of the UK however I am continuing my fight for free work (not working for free). And over pints, glasses of wine and three very poorly played chess matches, Chris and I came to our ultimate decision on what we're going to do.

And lately we've playing the "would you break up with me if" game. On really funny, irreverent, non-negotiables Chris has narrowed his break-up clause to Stepford Wife, wide-eyed wake up calls and genuinely enjoying Flo-Rida (i.e. all time favourite). We're quite dark evidently.

My days are now spent mostly inside of my own head, and I'm reading more. And running everyday now. And I can't believe that Nadal beat Federer. And I can't wait for the Olympics. And to just feel that everything has settled back down again.

New fears far from nostalgia... Am I becoming trite?

No comments: