Friday 2 January 2009

my 2009

At first I wasn't entirely sure how great the evening would be. When at Camden Town, Chris and I had to make a break for it to get off the tube because the rear doors didn't open (have never been on a train when that has happened before). Amazingly enough, Chris managed to squeeze past the Italian tourists and their massive suitcases, however me and my head weren't so lucky as the door closed. So after miming to Chris to "stay there, I'll come back", I headed to Kentish Town with another passenger who experienced the same fate. So we both changed and rode back south to Camden. So off the train I get but now fearing that Chris is waiting on the platform. So I head back down to the North Platform, Morden branch (Northern line branches in two ways for those who don't know. Sometimes, I don't know either...) so it's crowded, he's not there. So I'm running through the station now back to South platform, Bank branch, not there. South platform, Charing Cross branch, not there either. I'v been in the station for about 15 minutes scooting around predicting that Chris and I won't find each other until about 10 seconds before the new year making it both wildly romantic and an anti-climax (I had partially given into the idea that I would be spending the rest of my life in the station). So I start to ascend to the exit just praying that Chris has as well so at the very least we have reception and can phone each other. I must point out that I'm not panic stricken, I think it's all quite funny. So I exist and have the usual suspects asking if I want to buy skunk or go to some raver's new year's eve thingy. Chris is not at the exit. Oh grand. I check my phone and see he called twice which is a positive sign that he's not in the station and see that Pippa had texted me as well thinking it was funny that I got stuck on the train.

And then there he is. The boy who let a train door close on my head. His first words "fucking tourists".

No comments: