Monday 9 February 2009

and now for something completely different

Obvious differences between Canada and the UK. Here is an example that makes Chris and I laugh each time it's on.

My friend Pippa who knows everything about UK pop culture has been in Paris for the past month and hasn't seen the Glade advert. I was trying to explain it to her at a party on Saturday night. She was horrified and said she hadn't seen it yet.

I feel sorry for the boy who will grow up and be the kid who said 'poo' on tv...repeatedly.

Also at this party, we stood around for a bit discussing Jade Goody and her current struggle with cancer. For those not in the know, she's a reality tv star here who is right now quite ill and was rushed to hospital late last week for an emergency operation. But what makes this quite interesting is that she is enduring this all whilst being filmed. And while I think the woman is quite annoying, she obviously doesn't deserve this to happen to her. And she made me cry when she was talking about her boys and never seeing them grow into men.

And then someone at the party thought Jade Goody- the Autopsy; and the idea that surely someone has pitched. And that's just bloody morbid.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahaha that's kind of 12 shades of amazing.

How mature am I that the word Poo said over and over still makes me giggle?

Anyone with small children facing death tugs at my heart strings. My uncle died in 2007 and he had a 10 year old daughter... most horribly sad funeral in life. Nobody wants to see the eulogy of a 10 year old. OI