Monday 16 February 2009

shit

Last night we went to see the Black Lips with Jonas, Pippa and Derry. All this weekend I've been telling Chris that I am going to make Jonas my life coach. He constantly makes good life choices, is so extremely clever, and is cavalier, but courteous. Plus he's dating one of the greatest girls therefore is a super person all round. But in doing so, he told me that I had to get Twitter, basically stating that it's a good platform to find jobs.

So Chris and I joined about 2 hours ago. I was immediately against Twitter when it was brought to my attention last year. Yes I blog which is ultimately self involved nonsense, however updating people throughout the day on what I'm doing or thinking, or being akin to Stephen Fy tweeting being stuck in an elevator just makes me feel awkward all over.

Ok but that was then (from 6 months ago up until 2 hours ago). Now I am on Twitter and it's essentially amazing! Self indulgent- very much so, but I think I would rather use it to lurk others out as opposed for my own tweeting benefit (ultimately against Jonas' suggestions but I'm taking baby steps broadcasting my mundane normalities to the masses).

Honestly, internet renaissance. Terrifying that we no longer have the attention span to scour through things written at length, but fuck em'.

Last night at Black Lips the five of us discussed our ideal song lengths (minutes.seconds). Derry's being 2.30, Jonas' 2.45, Pippa's, 2.45, mine being 3.15 and Chris' being 3.40. None of us have the attention span for anything over 4 minutes. I can't help but feel that we're forging ahead into a 3 minute Generation. Short and Sweet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

... I'm still on the fence about twitter...

I dunno.

My ideal song length 3.50ish.

just little said...

To be honest, I think it's a bit of a novelty. Surely it will turn into time suckage as opposed to optimum job search engine.

Incredible attention span. We're getting into epic ballad length.