Tuesday 29 December 2009

happy new year

So I should probably delete the post a while back regaling my personal whinge self-doubt misdemeanors but I won't for nostalgia's sake. Plus I would never want to get to big for my boots. Basically I'm back on track for 2010 with proof that nothing does actually come easy, even if you're horoscope has said so for the past 14 months.

And with that, Chris is doing amazingly as well, with a promotion, a raise, two rounds of tequila shots at the Christmas party.

So when I received my news last Monday, I phoned Chris up and said I got the job and we both simultaneously said 2010.

One massive boo boo however was Christmas where I buggered up his gift so badly. Evidently headphones are tricky to find in Birmingham on 23rd December so tomorrow I'm venturing out to purchase the second half of his present. He's currently enjoying the first which is F1 for the Wii (clearly not my top choice).

And what did Christmas consist of this year in Birmingham? Cheese binge and drinking wine as if it was water. Our neighbour came and dropped off a bottle of red as a thank you for letting him use our wireless and honestly the sight of that bottle is making me feel nauseous. The past years running we were keen on Dolphin Olympics, the internet game but no we're shit so we started playing Bust a Move- and we're equally as rubbish at that now. But yes, that has been the past week. We got back to London tonight and I requested raw vegetables for supper. This is the first time I've felt hungry in the past 2-3 weeks. New years, different story I'm sure.

2010.

6 comments:

L. said...

congratulations on the job. Is this the one you had the out of body interview for? It's funny how our worst experiences can go completely unnoticed by others sometimes.

just little said...

Thanks, it's been a massive struggle over the past year. And I think it was, can't remember now as I had an interview for a different position along with this one. But so true, however I managed to completely creep out my neighbour yesterday by having another out of body experience; definitely went noticed.

How is the Masters going?

L. said...

Even though it's incredibly demanding, I've felt really challenged in a good way; however, I think the last few weeks of final papers/wrap-up assignments/teaching responsibilities has somehow scarred me for life in terms of sheer exhaustion and stress. It wasn't uncommon for someone to randomly break down and/or cry, including myself, which is hilarious in retrospect. That was a long answer to a quick question, but yeah, I think it's going o.k. but I'll guess I'll see once I get more final marks back!

just little said...

It's incredible you've been able to come through the other side. Fantastic strength of character! Are you done in the summer? 2010 should be a good one for you as well. Good luck with the results!

Was that patronising? Just reread that and hope it doesn't come across the way.

L. said...

haha, no it doesn't.
I hate that being nice online risks sounding patronising, and sarcasm translates to being a giant asshole. Anyway, thanks! happy new year

just little said...

Good, I got the fear. Self-awareness always resonates online apparently. Happy new year to you too!

Start blogging again!