Monday 5 March 2007

Lactose

I have a pounding head ache and I believe it's weather related. I am not weathered. London is blowing away right now.

I've had a sinus head ache and a cold for the past 5 days. I've been sick more times in this city than I have been in the past year and a half. However, this cold doesn't slow me down. much.

Last night was filled with vaudevillian wardrobe moving set to the soundtrack of klesmer music. We had to move a giant wardrobe from the top floor, down a narrow staircase to the second floor, dodging the hanging chandelier and trying our best not to scrape the new paint. Then move the smaller, lighter wardrobe from the second floor to the top floor, up the narrow staircase, dodging the hanging chandelier and trying out best not to scrape the new paint.

Down came the first. The klesmer band plays on. Up goes the second. But wait! It gets stuck on the chain of the lamp and pulls it out, causing the chandelier t plummit down the stairs (thankfully not injuring anyone except Sid whose leg was brushed and Hazel who was indireclty injured by a shard of glass through the newspaper she used to collect the pieces). The lights went out. The klesmer band plays on.

There are now live wires dangling from the ceiling on the landing. Apparently it's "easy" to rewire a lamp. I will be sure to be out of the house when this happens. I will be sure to turn the radio off as to instigate more circus like behaviour from silly twenty somethings who believe they're invisible, can lift furniture, can twist and pivot and tape doors shut. It was nothing short of spectacle.

No comments: