Monday 30 April 2007

awful

According to our resident medic Hazel, I had food poisoning. Yesterday was not pretty. Today I only had a headache thankfully as it was my first day of work experience. In the 9 hours that I was there, I learnt so much. It's difficult to make this statement after working somewhere for one day, but I suppose since I'm not being paid to work there I can say it, but I actually quite enjoy it. I hit the ground running and by the end of the day I was calling different publications to place our products. It was quite intimidating at the start but I feel far more comfortable with it, even after two hours. Plus I am Stevie's protege so it's good to have someone who can go through everything step by step. I haven't trained for a new job in nearly 3 years now and I forgot how long it takes to get comfortable and feel confident. But I need to speed it up if I want employment of any variety. Faking it obviously, because on the inside, I'm clearly shy and a bit shaken.

So all in all, good day. And I'm having Chinese for dinner and watching more Twin Peaks. Then most likely going to bed at 11:00pm and doing this all again tomorrow. I'm officially grown up. So grown up that I'm doing 9-6.

No comments: