Thursday 26 April 2007

Germanic

I had my interview for work experience at the PR consultancy which went quite well because I hardly had to speak. It's really just a matter of space for me to start there but I'm phoning tomorrow and will receive the full details.

I did however make the unfortunate decision of wearing the "heels that never give me blisters". Guess what? When you hustle to the tube and ride the sweaty Victoria line and walk half a mile after that, you get blisters, even in the "heels that never give me blisters". I haven't left the house in two days. My feet are throbbing. And adding insult to mortgage payments, everyone at the house is injured in some way (minus Suzy who is just perpetually tired). Hazel pulled her back, Tet was hit by a car and broke his toe, and Chris can't turn left because he's reading manuscripts at his work experience placement all day.

However we all put on our brave faces last night, minus Suzy because she was doing work, and plus Martin because he wanted to see this film on Friday and went to see "The Lives of Others" which was fantastic! Chris did make the comment about how the cinema was full (we live in middle class, white Angel, of course everyone reads the Guardian and sees foreign films). Regardless it's a great film. Those heart-felt Germans. I really have yet to see a shit German film. I have yet to see "Down Fall" but I hear it's the worst romantic comeday Pez has ever seen.

I'm going to meet Chris at Fopp cafe for lunch and a present. And speaking of which, Heman sent us a blender/food processor as a thanks for letting him sleep on our sofa. Chris promptly sent me this text back after having texted the house to inform them of our gift:

Yes! Let's get blending! I can totes make breakfast smoothies...(then said something mildly insulting but entirely ironic).

But seriously, thanks Heman! I can have milkshakes everyday now.

No comments: