Saturday 28 April 2007

knife

Could one assume that with paralyzing blisters on my feet that I couldn't injure them any more? Well you're wrong. As was I.

I was doing the dishes yesterday afternoon, having a lovely time with myself, singing along to Magic (radio station that plays mids nineties soft rock) when I realized that I still know (actually I don't know how I knew this at all really) all the words to Shania Twain's "Still the One". I washed a knife and was putting it into the rack when it slid from my hand and as it was falling, instead of thinking, I should move my feet, I thought, damn, I'll have to wash it again. Of course it lands prick down straight into my baby toe.

I am essentially a walking, washing accident waiting to happen.

To make up for it Tet, Suzy, Chris and I had a lovely evening out in the back garden, bbqing and having a laugh whilst listening to the musical stylings that is Virgin Groove, perhaps the best radio station since it is hit after hit and semi-ironic to listen to when two "men" are bbqing a lovely piece of pork (and my God! it was amazing, says the Jewish girl from Canadia).

I can hardly walk now but I can eat!!


And by the way, I got my work experience placement at PR consultancy. I start Monday.

No comments: