Saturday 9 June 2007

Hot

Extremely over heated, over angry, under slept.

This spans over 3 days so try to keep track.

Thursday was a long day at work but great to know I was meeting my friend Martin at Liberty to start what would be known as "I don't remember much the next day and I'm working 9 hours and feel terrible and why did that bartender have to make us those martinis after we had already had two bottles of wine and I ate a salad...a SALAD, salad doesn't absorb alcohol, that was a rookie mistake" evening (good fun nonetheless). We bounced about in Soho from 7pm onwards and I discovered that Martin is the Hugh Grant of real life. Bumblingness (and whaoh! quintessentially english, whether he wants to admit it or not) is just a facade, he's charming and suave and I've heard his stories to back it up. (This is funny because he's most likely reading this and becoming embarrassed or further more arrogant, in the best way possible!)

I'm sure he thinks I can be a bit of a cunt.

Work yesterday was long and tedious. As jounralist and the rest of humanity scive off work early on a Friday, at Mission (PR consultancy I work at) we're good and stay until 6pm. From around 3pm onwards I ran out of things to do, and basically read Dazed (not really read, it's absolute shit!!) and I.D. (equally as shit, sometimes good photograpghy) Suffice to say, long day. And when working on New Bond st. you can't find a cheeseburger anywhere!

So last night, after taking a bit of a nap, Chris and I decided to forgo the privledge of drunken architects bbq being djed by Hot Chip and see Pirates 3 (which made me laugh in the middle because I realized that I had seen each installment with a different boyfriend, it's like a cornerstone of my life that film...either that or I'm a flouzy) however we didn't get out of the cinema until 2am. I passed right out as soon as we got home.

Until 4:30am when Tet knocked on our door and said "I just wanted to let you know that Suzy is bringnig friends around and it's going to be noisy" I was half-asleep and thought he said the police were coming or something to that affect. You know, I would have bloody prefered the police. At 4:45am, after being asleep for nearly 3 hours, there was a fucking flash mob in our lounge room and I was raging! I don't want to get into deep, dark detail about this at all, but 5 st. philip's way and I are going to have words.

And because I was awake for about 2 hours and hearing about some girls stupid blonde eyebrows and her white hair (She was smoking right outside our window) I over-slept and now I'm discumbobulated and feeling steamy and after clenching every muscle in my body last night I feel a bit swollen.

But today is a nice day out and I'm going to make the most of it.

No comments: