Saturday 14 July 2007

Brick

There's this amazing Mediterranean restaurant off Upper st. in Angel that Chris and I frequent regularly and last night was amazingly good!! I get this chicken dish done in a cream sauce with apricots and some other spices and honey on a bed of spinach and it's the best thing I've ever eaten! Chris gets lamb kofte with this super hot chili sauce and it's the second best thing I've ever eaten. Plus we always start with the fried trio of cheese with jam and Chris finishes with the bread and butter pudding and I try to change my dessert menu around every time we go. I could go back right now!!

But I'm going to have a bagel on Brick lane instead. I'm search of the perfect leather jacket as the weather here is shit and I'll need sooner rather than later, and why not look now? I also went for a stroll down Oxford st. after work since I got off early and that was a bad life choice. I do want to ram everyone on the sidewalk and maybe push them in front of a bus? (not really, but Chris and I both agree that if we were a bus driver, we would take people out, and I even went so far as to say I would jump the sidewalk and plow them down on there, that is how big my distain is for them). Thankfully, the only thing you need to worry about in east london is sharp, electro haircuts and excessively pointy shoes however I think the shoreditchy types have calmed down, in fact they all are nu rave, but I heard that's dying too.

All big news! I'm planning on coming home for two weeks starting 1st September!! Chris (I've written his name far too often in this blog already, sorry, I'm not one of those types, I"m going to brick lane alone to prove it) is coming with. He's never been to Canada so it should be fun. I"ll be so confused by the left side/right side of the road swap since I'm perfectly adjusted here. And to drive again will feel very odd. And I need to renew my license when I'm home because it expires in December. And I have to pick up my university diploma since it still hasn't been sent to my house. And I need to find my running shoes and tennis racket. That's all I can think of for now.

No comments: