Monday 16 July 2007

melting

I'm propped up in the bed, with a temperature of 101 right now. I'm home sick from work and I think that's odd. At my old job during uni, I couldn't really ever phone in sick because only 4 of us worked there. I did inventory when I was ailing from mono so it's nice to be able to lie in the fetal position for the entire day wishing I wasn't so warm! I am a warm person to begin with and I'm basically heating up my bedroom solely on my own body heat. Chris even slept in housemates room because I was being so noisy and was far too hot. I become this sad little reject when ill, like when I would stay home sick from school and lie in my parents bed to watch television, but my dad would come home and see I was lying on his pillow and would lose it because it meant that he was now about to get sick.

My family has always been unsympathetic towards illness ironically enough since we're all raging hypochondriacs with flaming neuroses, hence the pillow story. My family is more, stay the F away when you're sick because you'll end up getting me sick! Love a bit of sympathy. The best part of being sick however is watching the Price is Right and random children's shows, even when I was around 17 and in high school. I find huge comfort watching The Big Compfy Couch when I'm ill. Today I'll just sit and watch Girl, Interrupted on dvd or something to that affect. Yes. Feeling awfully leperous, but I probably smell.

No comments: