Tuesday 28 August 2007

another

I haven't kicked the stress but I've regained a sense of humour. And an appetite. Well at lunch I didn't feel like eating but the amazing french meal I had for dinner made me completely forget my troubles!

Yes, Chris is having insomniac sympathy pains. He told me over this amazing piece of salmon I had for dinner that he was having dreams of throwing footballs around and in real life he could feel himself making a fist to throw and simulating this motion, which inevitably woke him up from a light sleep. I too could feel myself drop off asleep, then wake up suddenly. That's when you know that you won't be able to fall asleep again for another hour. The quick jolt.

Yesterday whilst travelling on the train back to London from Birmingham I felt that I had figured out the meaning of life whilst we were travelling through a tunnel. We had these two pesky children and lazy Black Country parents and I realised why parents shouldn't procreate, but this dire need to. And I swear I had the reason why we're existent, but then we came out of the tunnel and it now escapes me. Then the annoying family got off the train at Snow Hill, as did Chris and I. Then I stressed more. Then read Kurt Vonnegut. Chris read John Updike.

I keep thinking, maybe I'll get sacked? That's in more of an optimistic way like when you're hungover and think, maybe I'll get hit by a car, as in, please allow that happen. I would rather be in hospital than here. (In all seriousness, I don't compare work to hangover to car accident. I just need a holiday. 3 days!)

No comments: