Saturday 8 December 2007

Tropical

Today is my day. Aside from the rain and me leaving my umbrella at work today, it's been a decent morning. Chris left early for Oxford and won't be back until around 2am and instead of being bored because I'm not being constantly entertained by him, I'm going to spend this time doing things I need to get done as well as enjoying time alone. We've now been living together alone for three months and whilst it's absolutely great, I've noticed we've become a bit nervy with each other. But I think that it's related to other incidents with me working all day and him sitting around and becoming slightly depressed.

I feel really bad about not being in better contact with friends from home right now. I'll fully admit that I've been quite caught up in myself and have borderlined on super obnoxious to supremely full of shit (in the nicest way possible). So today is good day to find a balance between everything. Not that I'm feeling lost because now really more than ever I feel like I'm at home however it makes me disconnect with Canada home and everything/everyone there. It's tricky now because I can't remember what it was like when I first moved here and lived here jobless for 8 month and everything I did accomplish personally has been a bit erased.

Nonetheless, moving forward. On Wednesday, I found this Mickey Mouse dvd that is the same vhs that a friend gave to me for my 6th birthday. So weird the things you remember.

No comments: