Saturday 5 January 2008

the year

So it's started. I'm back at work and ready for a shocker for the next few months, really up until May. I have three massive projects starting essentially this Monday and the last one isn't done until end of April. Much more stress to follow.

But for now, as it's Saturday and sunny and mild outside, I'm waiting for Chris to wake up, to head down to the market. And buy cheese. As I'm now going through withdrawl. Moreover, my eating healthy plan, minus cheese, is going quite well thus far, three days in. I'll probably cave and eat a cheeseburger at the market. Or a boar burger at the Dove. Ok I really need to wake Chris up because I'm now starving.

And lastly, I think this year will be great in bringing old friends back together. Some persuasions have already taken place even, which, by no fault of my own, were seemingly successful. Last night I had a dream where about 10 of my friends were all about 7 months pregnant and roaming around, and making me feel highly maternal but far inferior. And then Chris proposed to me with this massive ring that I wore right away but then a bunch of us, pregnant ladies excluded, we went diving in this army training area where arrows kept being shot at us. I wore the ring on the dive but we finally got to this bunker underwater, me, Chris and the swimming crew, and when inside we started playing table tennis.

But ultimately, the very best part of 2008 will be the Olympics. I'm now addicted, thanks in part to Pez, to watching old Olympics clips on YouTube, especially gymanstics! But ultimately getting into arguments with Chris over Canadian vs. British figure skaters. I can't wait until the summer!


No comments: