Tuesday 4 November 2008

D Day

Last night I get a phone call from our friend Siddh who is hyper political, hilarious and tricked me into admitting something I hadn't even done. The reason he phoned was so we could watch the American election over at his flat. Apparently some other friends are going to be there as well. I love how this has turned into a sporting event. You can bet that I'm going to bring chips. And yes, whilst history is being made (fingers crossed!!!) I can't help but feel that tomorrow, my D Day is much more important than America's 'Decision Day'.

Wednesday, or Dyson Day as I'd like to call it from now on, will be glorious. I ordered a Dyson from Comet, top of the line, with the pivot ball. On Sunday, Chris and I went to Ikea and bought a few wardrobes and another book case along with loads of frames and vases and stuff so I have been doing my wifely duty of reorganising the flat whilst Chris puts things together (fuck you, you fucking fuck is what I hear coming from the other room at night now. It's hilarious!). Come tomorrow, our house will be allergen free, dust free, so clean, I'm so happy! This is bad though. Chris is now working full time while I stay at home and tend to the cleaning. But at least I'm making my own choice of being excited for a vacuum cleaner. I think that Chris is a bit more excited about the election. And this is why we work so well together.

No comments: