Monday 17 November 2008

wwwords

Reorganise, revamp and never mention any boring bits again. This is my promise.

But I have now succumb to bare legs, house coat, Uggs (which I only wear inside, I have cold extremities, not that it does excuse that choice, but at the very least, they're not crocs), glasses, sloppy hair, cups of tea and tissues. It's a very lovely site indeed.

Yesterday, Chris and I were supposed to go to Argos except he wasn't feeling very well and it was pouring with rain. I've read our 7lbs in 7 days juice book and Jason Vale keeps banging on about mini trampolines and how NASA thinks it's the perfect form on exercise as you use nearly every muscle in your body. And I figure that jumping up and down is better than sitting on my ass so I thought we should get one. Chris of course, being so rational and/or a party pooper, thinks it's a bit silly. But I know he'll be jealous when I'm bouncing around and he's doing nothing. I've already set out rules that if he makes fun, he can't jump.

Regardless, I have never been to Argos and I'm a bit nervous about the protocol. So Chris explained it very clearly for me to understand. Essentially, it's the internet but in person. Here is a more detailed version of Chris' theory:

"So you walk in and there are tables with brochures on them. You search through and find what you need. Basically Argos was invented before the internet but it's the same principle. You look through pictures in these brochures and once you find what you're after, you write it down, bring it to the front desk and the people then call the men in the back who go through their warehouse and find it for you. You have to wait about 10 minutes but then they bring it out from the back for you".

Wisely put. But then I started thinking of the etymology of the word INTERNET. So I looked it up:

No comments: