Friday 23 January 2009

wisps

It's one of those days where I'm distracted by things around me instead of remaining introverted. The fourth wall of our flat is entirely made up of windows, and we're right on the canal so there's a constant flurry of action. I've been staring at a red delivery van for about 10 minutes and thought of a great idea for a short story, because the driver is kind of freaking me out. Mine and Chris' favourite dog walked past. He looks like a smoky black gorilla. It's been raining, then really sunny, then really rainy again. One of those days. I'm so desperate to see our favourite van which I've dubbed Billy Van.

It's something you would probably only see in Europe, but it's teeny-tiny and has grass growing on its roof. Then there's Michel Gondry van, called that because it's grey metal sides look like perforated cardboard. That's just a little bit about my neighbourhood. Parcel van guy is still there, but it looks like he's eating.

Chris and I caught ourselves looking out the window all the time like little old ladies spying on their community, commenting on the misgivings. However last night, floating in the canal was a mattress so I don't think we're doing a disservice to anyone really. I think the mattress has floated away today.

I'm chugging down green teas just to stay awake these days.

No comments: