Tuesday 19 May 2009

v.low profile

In all honesty, I have been quite tame recently. Mainly, Chris has been working extremely hard and I have been flailing therefore we're not in any position to go nuts. That being said, I'm now, even still, feeling the consequences of 14 hours of white wine on Saturday. Presumably with YouTube videos to come.

It was our friend Jonas' birthday which was boozy pub lunch, then karaoke (I hope our friends are holding mobile phone videos close to their chests, I curse the day they might surface...), then buggering off and doing whatever we pleased, which was in fact continual drinking until 2.30am. We slept at Pippa and Jonas', forcing myself to pass out even without a fan only to wake up at 10am to the worst thing imaginable to wake up after 14 hours of white wine.

La la la la la la la la la. A sliding musical scale. Once up. Once down. Piano accompaniment. Then the beginning of some song from Oliver. Repeat. Repeat this entire process for 2 hours. One thing if that woman was playing a proper song, oh but she wasn't. She was la la-ing, and I couldn't figure out which room it was coming from and commissioned Chris to find her and kill her for my dormant pleasure.

Just realised it could be karmic retribution for singing very, (and boy do I mean very!) poorly in public. And now I've virtually lost my voice. And yesterday, I swear I was trying for the life of me to remember the expression- self-deprecating but couldn't. It's all grossly ironic and inter-textual.

No comments: