Sunday 29 November 2009

100 2000

During last night's damp evening out, I was given a really good project by my friend Jonas. He wants me to create a list of the top 100 songs from the Noughties. Now of course this carries quite a bit of personal gravity because I think it's really tricky as there are different impacts one needs to assess before delivering (social, cultural and personal impacts). I think the most important thing is that the Noughties is our formative years where music became extremely important. And of course I truly believe that music is transcendental so it's difficult for me to not place a huge importance on personal choice.

And of course culturally the western world changed post 9/11. So that is going to affect my decision making as well. Essentially I need to flesh out a list of let's say 300 songs then narrow them down. And I'll definitely indicate which ones are on there for personal reasons and which ones are on there because they're just really good.

Ok this is really boring. But I do love a project. And it's gross to think that in just over a month it will be 2010. Yeah, don't like that.

No comments: