Thursday 17 December 2009

hectic humbug

Cold winds travelled from Russia are now drowning this city in London. Ordinarily I would mildly disturbed by this because London has a nonexistent coping mechanism for snow removal and frankly it's intolerably cold outside. Also, I need tomorrow to be as stress free going into work as possible.

Yesterday was my 25th birthday- jovial. I managed to keep it on the DL at work quite well, team were very lovely as usual and we went out for a nice lunch, and then was office Christmas party that by previous standards set, was quite tame. No embarrassment, even after singing You're So Vain on karaoke which evidently was my best performance to date.

And with all these happenings in the diary, December has been insane. Christmas dinner and drinks with all of our friends last year which was wonderful. Sunday spent watching Christmas films- season always starts off with Home Alone, then Elf was on television etc. etc. I think this weekend we're going to watch Die Hard and Gremlins. Love Actually when it's on tv at Chris' parents.

Jam packed social schedule but nothing actually provoking to say. I'm tucked under a blanket enjoying the heat from the computer on my lap, looking through cookbooks, listening to songs as I'm still putting together my best of the past decade. Kind of don't want to limit it just to music; would love to do books, movies blahbidyblah.

Also just realised that I need to Christmas shop tomorrow and in the snow will just not do. Yarg.

2 comments:

zurg said...

happy birthday Tova!

please keep me updated on any physical changes you may notice a few days earlier than I do, being 12 days my senior.

I have at least five grey hairs. God be with us.

just little said...

Thanks very much Chels. As of yet, not has happened but there's another 10 days to go.

I have yet to find a grey hair but it only occurred to me a few months ago to start looking for them.