Wednesday 21 February 2007

Mice like cheese too

I just had an overwhelmingly terrifying experience.

It's a normal Wednesday here. Sunny. Warmer than Ontario. I'm sitting at the table in the lounge, minding my own business when Christopher comes down and gathers up his wash. A few details to add: two architects live in this house and they build models. This fact comes in handy in a minute.

Whilst gathering up his wash, Christopher grabs hold of a loose thread that is attached to a spool of thread used in making models for architecture. He proceeds to walk, unravelling this spool of thread that is now twirling on the hard wood floor. At that exact moment I started to lean to one side of the chair, believing that it was myself who was creating this weird creeky noise. I look at the floor whilst I lean back and forth from my chair. But I stop leaning however the noise continues. I cannot see the twirling, unravelling spool of thread. I start to assume perhaps a mouse is playing with something underneath the table.

Christopher then reaches his room which is two sets of stairs up and the spool of thread darts at me and I yell for him! I think it's the mouse throwing something at me. I put my feet up on another seat and Christopher yells and tells me to look under the table but I am too afraid. As Christopher walks downstairs to see if there is a little beast horrifying an immature 22 year old female, he realizes that there is thread leading all the way to his bedroom and starts to pull it thus allowing the aforementioned girl to see that it was just thread being pulled all along.

The two wind the thread back up and continue on with their day. The boy folds his laundry. But the girl's hands proceed to shake.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: