Tuesday 10 April 2007

nice

I hear the ice cream truck outside the window. I also hear that it's -5c in Toronto right now. I feel badly for you. It's 20c here and sunny. London rain? Paaaalease.

This week has already booming with high expectations but I've received two letters of good fortunes from friends. One from my 23 year old friend Rachel (I have another who is 29 but we're still 16 together). I was so excited to see post at my doorstep and she can be sure that I'll be her penpal and frankly will be anyone else's penpal who allows it. I also received the best message from my friend Alessandro. Now I don't want to embarrass him but he's the loveliest guy sending the most wonderful, inspiring words my way. Not to gush but he's great and truly made my day!

It was actually perfect timing because as I'm sure anyone could have guessed from the last post I've been feeling a bit down (but not really, it was only last week for about two days) but I suppose the worst bit is that you do forgot all the great things about yourself when someone hits you with something awful (and realistically untrue). I hate that it's easy to forget all the great things true friends have to offer and the positive things that people think about you should be the only ones that matter and that one person's deluded and some what morphed opinion of you isn't condusive to who you actually are since really, they hardly know you or perhaps didn't really know you at all (or maybe I just didn't know them which is proving itself to be the ultimate truth). Blah blah blah Rachel and Alessandro both reminded me of that. So I should have a lighter bounce in my step because of it!

Schmoltzy enough?

Last night Jurassic Park was on TV. I love dinosaurs. But that film still scares the hell out of me. Imagine explaining the death of one of the characters to someone in their family:
"I'm sorry, but your son, the lawyer was eaten by a T Rex when he was sitting on the john".
Yup these are the sorts of things that I think about when distracting myself from the terrifying films.
Scary Movie 2 was on earlier yesterday evening as well. (It scared me a little bit too). But mostly it's stupid.

No comments: