Sunday 13 May 2007

the bees knees

Suzy just popped in to ask me to click send on an email then ran out the door.

Tet is in Glasgow for an inerview for uni.

Hazel is back in Brum to see James.

Chris is eating cereal in his underwear.

I'm lying in bed with my pjs on.

It's 11:21am on a Sunday and now you know where my housemates are.

But the point was to show how extremely busy we all are right now (minus Chris because he isn't employed curretly and no I'm not taking a piss but am a bit annoyed with him because he bought Football Manager and now he won't want to leave the house and will play for hours on end whilst everyone else is slaving away).

My work is going very well and I was asked to stay another two weeks and given my own email address. Have I arrived? But what's really remarkable is that I take the 38 bus from Angel to New Bond st. where our office is located and I have to go through Picadilly circus which is slightly a pain because of traffic, but ultimately is a daily reminder of how lucky I am to be here. And how lucky I am to know the people that I know because really, had I met awful people I'm sure I'd be home now.

As for working in PR, it's something that I hadn't fully thought about it, but am very much enjoying and learning so much everyday. I still need to work on my confidence for certain things because there was a bit a minor situation that Stevie handled very impressively but I would have crumbled under the pressure but I suppose she has far more experience. I suppose I shall have to learn to manipulate the truth (not lie per se) and basically in PR you blame everyone else around you for the problems, nothing is ever you fault. I'd like to think that I accept responsability when I do something wrong (do I? I really do believe that I do) so this will be an interesting skill for me to obtain.

But because I go to bed at 11 and wake up at 7 everyday, the mundane bits of life have really sort of remained that when usually that's when the exciting stuff happens. But because I've been talking all day I can't think of anything else interesting to say at night, so we usually watch a movie in our pjs and go to sleep. However Friday Chris and I braved the rain and the cold (and what gives with the weather here? Bloody England!) and met up with his friends from Oxford who live here in London and went out to an indie night and had a great time! The music was quite mediocre and the djs were trying far too heard and would most likely be very successful somewhere like, oh I don't know, Russia but here in London you need to be a bit more cutting edge, and less unattractive. Is that harsh? Not really because if you saw the two, in their matching outfits and dance moves circa 98s last rave because most people were on a come down from taking their last ever E, then you would agree too.

And as for me? Today consists of watching a dvd then heading down to the pub and watching some football. Or maybe staying here whilst Chris goes. I haven't fully decided but I believe that I will wash the bathrooms today because it's been a while and I don't want them turning orange again.

No comments: