Sunday 13 May 2007

moon

I like my Sunday evening epiphanies.

I was just speaking to my friend from home Tom who became my close friend because he lived with my exboyfriend. And we haven't spoken very often since he moved to Toronto I guess two years now. And during what I refer to as the 3 Unit days, or the 329 days, we all had a fantastic time however we were all moderately transitional even though it could have lasted a lot longer than a year.

Here's a classic Tom anecdote.

It's around 1:00am on a Thursday night in the summer, and we're sitting in the kitchen. I'm sure we had been drinking since around 7pm as is the case for the summer and for some reason we start discussing early ninties songs however Tom, my ESL Polish (i.e. czech) friend was so drunk he couldn't differentiate between eary and nineties hence the birth of "earlies nineties" music. Basically when i broke into MC Hammer's Can't Touch This, all bets were off and hysterics came out in full force. Mr Vain. Amazing!

So the plan during all this time of course was that once I completed university, in one way or another I was going to move to London. But that of course was on the back burnber because I had a boyfriend, and I still had two years of school to go.

So Tom had to leave our MSN conversation to catch a flight to NYC for work and I said tha I was jealous and he said "c'mon, you're in London". And then I thought, I am.

I said it and I did it. Sometimes I need a reminder of that because I forget.

I miss Tom Tom though.

No comments: