Thursday 9 August 2007

95-96

I"m laughing hysterically right now.

Chris was just twiddling around on his guitar and started playing Peaches by Presidents of the United States of America which lead to a sing along, which lead to YouTubeing videos which lead to me, in gr.6 loving these songs. They're still amazing, and I'm so serious. Weird Al, post ironic, hugely influential. And I remember hearing Lump through the gym walls when I was in gr.6 when the gr.7 and 8s were at the school dance and wanting to be there so badly whilst I was binding a book I had written for english. I was speaking to my gr.6 crush on the phone whilst watching much music and Big Me came on and he said "I'm going to have to call you back" so he could watch it without any distractions. And I was all over Beck like a rash. I have Odelay on cassette. I remember hearing Sonic Youth at 12 but not really getting it. And I remember watching KIDS, and not really that either. Why did we grow up to be so serious?













No comments: