Thursday 6 March 2008

mind the crap please

I get angry with inanimate objects. I get annoyed with public transport. London public transport for instance. It's rammed with 7 million people. I get demotivated and scornful when there's a combination of the two.

Last night Chris and I did the usual, Mexican/Orange wednesday (i.e. two for one movie tickets) and we saw Be Kind Rewind- which we both loved- which rarely happens as we have, not severely, but varying tastes in film. So we're on the way back on the bus that takes us literally door to door (it stops right outside our flat) and there's this man on the bus, who is a) Irish b) was quite drunk. This Spanish woman was shouting on her phone, and apparently upset this Irish man who was muttering under his breath quite loudly "shut the fuck up". I start to get the giggles. So this Irish man stands up and the bus is just about to stop and he literally flies from one end of the bus to another, hitting a pole and falling on the small of his back. My immediate reaction was he's just broken his neck. He's dead. The angry Irishman is dead. He was lying there for about ten seconds, Chris had already sprung into action combining chivalry, "mate" and a slight cockney accent, to see if it was ok. Eventually he got up, with the help of Chris and these two girls, and he kept saying he was just sitting in his chair and all of sudden twisted around. Chris' reaction, "oh the luck of the Irish". I honestly had thought I had just witnessed death.

Then today, on the way home from work, Central line rammed at Tottenham Court rd., I get on the first train, to this bloody pushy, abrasive man, wearing a knapsack (pet hate!! Take your bag off and hold it in your hand. Same goes for shoulder bags) is rambling to himself and I quote "only in this country would you have metro system that berates passengers like soldiers" because of the polite, non-aggressive, now unemployed, Underground voice-over lady warning those that the doors will close. And his nonsense comment maybe would mean a bit more coming from someone who doesn't throw their London Paper on the floor (pet hate- litter). And then at Liverpool st. he was so adamant to be the first out of the train he completely shoved me out of the way. The elbow shove. Oooohhh. I'm an edgier person because of it.

But I'm not going to be self-righteous because I'm such a masochist for living here.

No comments: