Monday 10 March 2008

no, this is not the set of King Lear

Or Mary Poppins for that matter. Even though I weigh a bit more than I used to, I thought the wind and my umbrella were going to take me up, up, up and away. Which would have been a slightly better alternative than public transport on a soggy day. Alas I am still here, feet firmly planted. I know that certain umbrellas however didn't make it.

I did have a stellar weekend. Let's start with the couple I want to date: Jonas & Pippa (or as I refer to them, only in writing, Pinas). We did a pub/curry house tour of Broadway Market on Friday, which turned into "name that black/blue tune". I am still obsessing. I can't spoil the beans and say why we were doing so, even if it's really obvious, but I hope it comes to fruition. This is only because I wasted a supreme amount of brain power. And on Friday, someone called me Freddie Krugger. Red and black stripes go a long way in East London...best name of an outfit yet.

Then come Saturday and sitting around doing nothing but watching Entourage on dvd, we pulled ourselves together for a party at Stevie's, which always vortexes into mayhem but remained salaciously calm until 4am when Chris was too drunk to speak and needed me to hail a cab. There was absinthe. It was magical. Sunday was KFC dreams, Domino pizza delivery.

And this coming weekend's raucous line up is already taking shape. A bit of 90s britpop dance night, then Saturday. I don't know what's happening on Saturday but I bet something fun. Even if it's making fajitas and staying in, I'm so in love with Broadway Market right now. Oh and heard about a great new night in Shoreditch. Do I sound like on of those...

If it's any consolation I'm sitting in oversized lounge pants and a green ms kitty t shirt Tet bought Chris from China as a joke. I'm not really one of those...

And even if I am, I'll probably blow away tomorrow and never be heard from again.

No comments: