Tuesday 7 October 2008

cheating sleep

I am such a loser. Few reasons why. One major one being that I've back in London for a week now and have completely screwed up my sleeping schedule. Few reasons for that. When we arrived home last Tuesday, I took a nap and therefore couldn't fall asleep that night. Which lead me to not being able to fall asleep during the subsequent nights (a.k.a all of this week, thank you very much) so now I fall asleep at 3.30am and wake up at 12pm really befuddled, and with lots of hair all around my face. Green tea may also be playing a part in this. I should stop making my green tea taste like a double espresso and should probably stop drinking it after 9pm. Honestly, it's 2.44am and I'm jittery.

And lame. Part b. When I was home, in retaliation for all of my stuff stolen over the years, I stole a few of my sister's books (sorry Emma). With Choke by Palahniuk coming out in cinema I thought I had better read the book before seeing the movie because I can't erase images from my head (not that I can really erase written word, but for me, personally, it's better to read the book then see the film. I've had to abandon books that I've seen the film to first mid read because all I'm seeing are flashing pictures of said film...blah blah blah). Anyway, the temptation of the film and only having 30 pages left of the book lead me to light up my internet crack pipe equivalent (wiki:) and bloody wiki the damn movie. So scrolling through, all is fine, except then reading the character descriptions, giving away the massive revelation. I am so annoyed with myself. I found out the next chapter, when finishing the book at 2.20am this morning, however that's my favourite part of anything, books, movies, philosophy, what have you, where it comes crashing down and you feel so clever for figuring it out. It's extremely vain but enlightening, and also a great feeling of community that you, along with a New York Times Bestseller slew could figure out the symbolism, metaphors, head-scratching hilarity that ensues, not necessarily just in this book and film adaptation but in all. And I'm lame because I spoiled it all by looking on IMDB and wiki.

Further revelations for later, probably tomorrow afternoon. Or today afternoon.

No comments: